How do I access my Asus router login.com GUI settings?
The Asus router Login.com, just like all other routers needs to be configured before you can start using it. Most of the time after the initial setup at the first time, you will not even need to access the router interface for a long time.
If you are setting up your Asus router for the first time, you need to follow specific steps to configure it.
But before you start with the setup process, there are a few requirements you should keep in mind.
Things Required before Asus router Login setup
- Asus router login.com should be properly installed and powered on before accessing the GUI settings.
- Keep an ethernet cable available for use when you will require it.
- Make sure the device you are going to use is preferably a Computer or Laptop.
- Don’t forget to connect the device you are going to use for the setup to connect to Asus router’s wireless network. If you try to access the GUI Page without connecting to Asus router’s Wi-fi network then it will be unable to connect. Instead you will be faced with an error message. So, make sure to connect the router to PC with an ethernet cable or if you are using a wireless device, then connect using the Wifi icon on your device.
- Note the Asus router’s default username and password. You can find them written either on the router label or the user manual of the router.
Steps to Access Asus Router GUI
You should follow the below steps to access the Asus router GUI settings:
- Power on the Asus router login. Wait for the LEDs on the router to become solid.
- If you are using a PC, use the ethernet cable and connect it to your router and Computer properly.
- If you are using a Laptop or smartphone then Tap on the Wifi icon and look for the Asus router default username. When you see it, click on the username to connect. Wait for the connection to establish properly.
- Now open a web browser on the computer or laptop that you are going to use for the asus router setup process.
- Go to the URL bar and enter your LAN IP address. If you don’t know your LAN IP address you can check the default IP address by using ‘ipconfig’ command in the command prompt. The default IP address is usually 192.168.1.1.
- When you put the default IP address 192.168.1.1 you will be redirected to the Local Asus web-based server for the Setup process.
- You will be asked to Log in. So, use the default username and password that you have noted earlier and fill it in the correct fields. If you were unable to find the default username and password then you should use the most commonly used default username and password ‘admin’. Fill this in both fields and make sure no character is in capitals as the password is case sensitive. Make sure to put the correct username and password and click login.
- If the login is successful, you will be able to access the Asus router setup page. Here you can start the setup and configuration process of your Asus router.
- Go to Advanced settings and select Administration.
- You will see a few tabs on top, look for the system tab and click on it.
- The system tab will allow you to set a new username and password for your Asus router. Remember, this is the most important setting that you should do first as changing the default username and password will keep any unauthorized third-party devices from accessing your wireless network. It is essential to change the username and password to keep your wireless network secured.
- Click on the Username and enter any username you want in the relevant field. Remember you cannot use the same username as password because anyone can easily guess it and access your wireless network without your permission. Therefore, avoid putting any sensitive information here. You can leave it as it is if you don’t wish to change it.
- Now click on the next field to change the default password. Enter the new password which is minimum 8 characters long. It is better to choose an alpha-numeric password, so it will be difficult to guess for others. Don’t choose an easy password that other people will be able to guess.
- After typing in the new password go to the next field and confirm the new password.
- Click apply at the end to save your settings. Now you can use the new username and password to access the Asus router next time. Make sure to save this info securely so in case you ever need to Access the Asus GUI settings and you forget the new username and password; you can easily find these.
- Now move on the SSID Settings. Select the correct region and select the WPA authentication settings. Make any other changes as you like and make sure to save all settings before leaving the setup wizard.
Your router will be ready to connect to your other wireless devices after the setup process has completed. Your router will receive regular updates depending on the router model so make sure to update the router firmware from time to time.